Wednesday, October 12, 2011

He Man women Haters Club

Love's Labor's Lost

That's it i have proof!!  All the time men hear how we are the stumbling block in the commandment to go forth and multiply and replenish the earth--OK, i really mean asking girls out on dates, but still, we get the wrath and accusations of being inactive, lazy, hanging out munching bumbs.  So what do we do, we go forth and ask girls on dates, fall in love, and get married.
...Suuuuuuurrrrrrrrrreeee...

What really happens the men go out and try it, and we end up the pupet of a girl, a pone in here sadistic plot.  We end up cross legged, stary eyed and on the floor.  We get are intellects mocked, our hearts broken, and the butt of a joke, it's all our fault....
We've been told to get out and date, because it's such a wonderful experience!
And one wonders why there is a battle of the sexes.

And for all those who need proof here it is...Shakespeare catured it perfectly..this is why men's love's labors are lost, speak Rosaline:

They are worse fools to purchase mocking so.
That same Biron
[add men in general here] I'll torture ere I go:
O that I knew he were but in by the week!
How I would make him fawn and beg and seek
And wait the season and observe the times
And spend his prodigal wits in bootless rhymes
And shape his service wholly to my hests
And make him proud to make me proud that jests!
So perttaunt-like would I o'ersway his state
That he should be my fool and I his fate.

...Our fate, Her Fool...

2 comments:

  1. I actually just experienced this last night when I went out to eat with my boyfriend and the waiter (who knew him) was making fun of him for not paying for me. When I heard that I spoke up and said, "hey, I won't let him pay for me."

    That really caught him off guard and he started questioning me why and I told him because of how many times I have heard girls just going on dates to get free things, they expect guys to just give and give and give and then they don't help out of give anything in return. I don't want to be one of those girls.

    But on the flip side, I have gone out with Mormon guys that I really liked and we went on dates that didn't cost anything (so we were on the same level) but then they would take me home if I wouldn't sleep with them... How evil and heartless is that of men?

    So there is a battle of the sexes but really there are so many different battles being fought, like in Love's Labour's Lost, that we can't generalize the combative tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm most definitely agree, the evils are on both sides. I also think that the evils come for many different reasons, for example, i was dating this girl and it came to the point that i either wanted to get serious or we needed to slow things down and be friends.

    This though came to me long before i consciously began to act on it; however, in the mean time i began bracing for the conversation. I would not be as nice as i usually would have been, i would miss a phone call on occasion, etc. Made short, i became a jerk in the thought of wanting to slow down and ruined the whole relationship...i never meant to. Just because i never talked to her about it i became a jerk.

    One interesting thing for this play would be to look at possible motives for the flowery language of the men, why did they dress up as Russians, why did the women conspire, and what insight could that bring to this battle of the sexes.

    ReplyDelete