Friday, October 14, 2011

Beatrice, Beatrice, Beatrice


  • BeatriceGood Lord, for alliance! Thus goes every one to the 
    695

    world but I, and I am sunburnt; I may sit in a
    corner and cry heigh-ho for a husband!
  • Don PedroLady Beatrice, I will get you one.
  • BeatriceI would rather have one of your father's getting.
    Hath your grace ne'er a brother like you? Your 
    700

    father got excellent husbands, if a maid could come by them.
  • BeatriceNo, my lord, unless I might have another for
    working-days: your grace is too costly to wear
    every day. But, I beseech your grace, pardon me: I 
    705

    was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
  • Don PedroYour silence most offends me, and to be merry best
    becomes you; for, out of question, you were born in
    a merry hour.
  • BeatriceNo, sure, my lord, my mother cried; but then there 
    710

    was a star danced, and under that was I born.
    Cousins, God give you joy!

In the book there was no room for me to love Beatrice, but in the movie she was for almost the main player. She grabbed my eye and wouldn't let it go! I too found myself sworn to never love, to never marry a fictional character, but Beatrice stole my heart and soul right along with Benedick. I love this rendition of Beatrice in Kenneth's Much Ado about Nothing. The way that her character is portrayed bring a great admiration and respect for her. She is given life, a happy and noble one , not the sower puss that i imagined her to be. This brought whole new life to the entire play. There was a lot more ado about her! Over all i was bum founded, i loved this play, i must admit when done right Shakespeare's clowns almost always still the show!

Another of the scenes that the movie add power to for me was the one of Hero's accusation.  It was extremely powerful and socking to see the reactions of all the those present to the REPORT of Claudio.  It was interesting(Interests and Questions) to see how I viewed the report versus when i read it.

Another reason this play was so moving to me was because of the music. The actual songs in the play were sung and the ambient music was altogether powerful! It brought powerful meaning and depth to the words of the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment