Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brave New World

You never know what your missing until you loose it and you never never know what your missing out on until you are told.

Let me introduce Arthur to you, Arthur is one of my good friends, we live in the same ward and he and his family are from Japan. We spent an hour or so last night talking about my ENG232 project.  As we talked about Much Ado and reporting, The Tempest and much more, i shared my blog with him.  Hence, Arthur's Comments "To Cherish" have really got me thinking.


Miranda is a truly innocent girl she has grown up on the island and known nothing more.  Her father tells her so, [thou] Art ignorant of what thou art: naught knowing Of whence I am, nor that I am more better Than Prosper, master of a full poor cell, And thy no greater father.  For example when she sees the prince of Naples for the first time, her first man save her father ever seen, she states, What is't? A spirit? Lord, how it looks about! Believe me, sir, It carries a brave form.  But 'tis a spirit. I might call him A thing divine, for nothing natural I ever saw so noble.


She is captivated by this new world, a world she knew nothing of, it nether haunted her nor did she dream of it.  But now she is captivated by it and can't live with out it.  I'll be his surety.  My affections Are then most humble: I have no ambition To see a goodlier man. 

Now that a map has been seen and there is a unexplored world to be had her island will not do any longer.
O wonder! How many goodly creatures are there here!  How beauteous mankind is!  O brave new world, That has such people in't.  


This is why there must be opposition in all things.  If not so, happiness nor righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad.  She lived on an island with little knowing no man nor relation save her father and a monster.  She knew no good nor evil, no world other than her own.  Now see the world it truth, it's grand measure, she will be happy on the island no long.

Like wise our world changes as we gain light and knowledge.  We either realize a better way one that will allow us to increase in happiness or that we are right were we belong and we receive justification for our previous actions.

We are such stuff As dreams are made on: and our little life Is rounded with a sleep.
In as much as we fail to comprehend it all we are asleep not knowing the beginning from the end and therefore failing to understand our actions and world in which we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment